Sunday 1 May 2016

Cafés in Spring

 

 

Spring has arrived, and with a bang! 

 

Before I could even blink March and April have whizzed on by!

Spring has always been a busy time for me, and that goes double in Japan. Springtime is the end (and beginning) of the school year in Japan. Elementary school lets out around the end of March and the kids get a two week vacation before they are back in April for the new school year. It is also a crazy time for teachers as there are countless ceremonies, assemblies, new teachers arriving, other teachers leaving, lesson planning...it's a hectic time! I am basically in charge of the English programs at my schools so that craziness spills over to my schedule as well. This year I also had my sister visiting Osaka from Toronto! I would love to say that things are about to calm down but I actually have huge news coming up which proves otherwise! So please stay tuned for that! 

My visit with my sister was simply put, amazing. We traveled all over Osaka, Nara, Kyoto and even got to spend some time in Tokyo. We got to enjoy cherry blossom season together and we discovered some super cute cafés that I want to share with you guys! 

Osaka


SATURDAYS SURF NYC 




Saturdays Surf NYC is a higher end surf brand clothing store. We went to their location in Shinsaibashi, Osaka which has a small cafe inside on the first floor. The coffee was delicious and they had some sweets and sandwiches as well. However do keep in mind that once they are out of that particular food item, they are out for the day. So I suggest if you're going for coffee and a treat, go earlier in the day!  




Nara


DRINK DRANK 



Anyone who knows me knows I love Nara. I never get tired of the beautiful park and all the adorable deer. Anyone who knows me also knows I love smoothies! Drink Drank is located right by Nara Park and sells delicious sandwiches, curry, crepes and smoothies! They also have beer and coffee but I most definitely came for the smoothies. I tried the mango smoothie and it was so yummy! You can get the smoothies to go which is also nice as there is a scenic pond basically next door where you can sit and enjoy your smoothie in the sun. 


Kyoto


SAGANOYU CAFÉ



Saganoyu Café is located near Arashiyama in Kyoto and it may be one of the most beautiful cafés I have ever seen. It used to be a public bathhouse and after the renovations they kept some features such as tile, signs, etc. They have a famous tofu pasta dish that was delicious as well as curry, pancakes, and sandwiches. They have an outdoor patio, it's so gorgeous you almost feel like you are in a trendy LA café!


% ARABICA 



Arabica is, I kid you not, the best coffee I have ever had. There are three locations in Kyoto and I have been to the Arashiyama location as well as the one near Kiyomizudera. The menu is limited but trust me when I say they do not disappoint. While at Kiyomizudera I went back to get another coffee as soon as I finished my first one. Extra, I know, but that is how yummy it is! You can also buy coffee beans to make coffee at home and you best believe I bought some! 






Tokyo


URTH CAFFÉ



If you are a fan of the Kardashians or other A-list celebrities you may have heard of Urth Caffé. It is a very popular spot stateside and currently there are two locations in Tokyo. I had the most amazing tostada salad bowl. I still dream about it! I also had a green tea bubble tea which was huge and very filling. I got a coffee to go and it was also very yummy. I wish there was a location in Osaka because I am officially obsessed! 

 


KING GEORGE 



If you want an incredible sandwich and you're in Tokyo then head over to King George. Their sandwiches are perfection. Not to mention huge! You could totally share and be okay. The hardest part is choosing a sandwich as they all sound sooo delicious. They even have a veggie option, and their mascot is a kitty wearing a crown. What's not to love?



CAFÉ KITSUNÉ


MAISON KITSUNÉ opened a café around the corner from their store and it's just a beautiful location (the baristas aren't too bad either! :P) They sell a breakfast combo where you can choose between a drink option and either a honey french toast baguette or a baguette sandwich. I chose the honey toast and it was perfect. Not too sweet, and matched my coffee. I am not a fan of super sweet things! I can only have a little bit before I am full. You can sit inside and they also have a little sitting area outside. But the front is all open concept anyways. I got a cappuccino as well as an americano on my way out. I need my caffeine! It is so super cute here and I hope I get to go back one day! 






I just love discovering new cafés! Nothing beats catching up with family and friends over a cup of coffee, surrounded by a good environment and good vibes. What about you? Do you have any cute café recommendations? Let me know! And stay tuned for my Big Announcement, coming soon! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment